Development & Fundraising Fellow (volunteer)
Place yourself at the intersection of Save The Bay’s cutting-edge restoration, policy, and communications campaigns with Save The Bay’s Development Team! Support our efforts to cultivate relationships with donors, corporate contacts, corporate employee affinity groups, and grassroots community partners, and research prospective donors. Help plan and publicize networking and fundraising events. Gain hands-on experience in professional networking, fundraising, event planning, and online communications.
The Development and Fundraising Fellow will:
- Educate the Development Team on the latest philanthropy news and best practices by carrying out research and presenting professional development ideas to the team
- Conduct outreach to individual donors and cultivate meaningful relationships via handwritten letters and thank you cards, personal phone calls, and emails
- Use SalesForce to enter and maintain important data
- Support corporate philanthropy and match giving programs
- Write posts for the Save The Bay blog that pertain to giving and philanthropy
The Development & Fundraising Fellow will also work collaboratively with Marketing/Communications Team to produce online communications, enhance social media engagement and create content for the Save The Bay blog. The Fellow will gain valuable experience in professional writing (including grant writing), data entry, event planning, marketing and digital communications. Fellows make an 8-16 week commitment and are expected to work at least 24 hours per week. Transportation reimbursement is available.
- Enthusiasm for protecting and restoring San Francisco Bay, and Save The Bay’s mission and programs
- Outgoing personality, comfortable with meeting new people, answering the phone, and presenting a professional face for the organization
- Experience and/or interest in event planning and fundraising
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to commit an average of 24 hours per week during normal business hours over a 8-16 week period
- Willing to travel locally around the Bay Area
- Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Please review our website to find information on session dates and application periods for all of our Fellowship opportunities.
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check