Do you support educational equity? Do you want to do something meaningful in your community? Are you available at least one hour per week? The Youth Tutoring Program needs caring and dedicated volunteers like you to be mentors and tutors for students living in the south end’s largest low and mixed-income housing community, New Holly.
We accept applications all year long!
YTP serves a diverse group of students, 99% of whom are students of color and many who come from immigrant and refugee families. We match tutors and students 1:1 to foster the best mentoring and tutoring relationships. We focus on skill building so our students can catch-up and get ahead in school.
Not only do we train our volunteers to be effective tutors, we provide our volunteers with tools (such as individualized tutor plans and skill-building activities) so that you have what you need to make a difference!
Make a difference in your community
Earn service hours
Have an impact on populations in need
Build job skills
Our ideal volunteer is:
To hear about our program firsthand from one of our YTP families, check out this short video!
The New Holly tutoring center is open the following times:
Monday-Thursday for three sessions each: 4:20-5:20, 5:30-6:30, and 6:40-7:40.
Volunteers sign up for at least one hour per week, and are asked to commit to volunteering for six months.
The minimum age for volunteering is 14, and High School students are encouraged to volunteer!
To learn more about our program or to get started as a volunteer, please visit http://www.ccsww.org/ytp and click on "Volunteer Now."
For questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerYTP@ccsww.org or 206-328-5659.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- one hour/week minimum ongoing
- brief online application and three reference forms
- Make an Impact this Summer:...
- Serve in Columbia City this...
- Make a difference: mentor a...
- Volunteer with Catholic...
- Now is the time to act: Mentor a...
- It's the last quarter of the...
- Make a difference in West...
- Be a one-to-one tutor for a...
- Make an impact in Rainier Beach:...
- Volunteer Social Media...
- Serve in Seattle: Become a...
- Support Educational Equity: Be a...