Social Work Internships Available with Nonprofit Hospice (Front Range & NoCo Areas)
3 people are interested
Social work internships available with Halcyon Hospice for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019. Please contact Angela for more information. Thank you for your interest!
Social Work Intern Position Description
Provides direct care to patients and families under the supervision of Hospice Social Worker.
- Completed or in process of completing core social work curriculum at accredited school of social work.
- Interest in working with the elder population, death and dying issues, and/or medical settings.
- Must have reliable transportation which will enable intern to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance.
- Must not have any criminal background and be willing to submit to criminal background check and drug screening.
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities: (In conjunction with Hospice Social Worker)
- Work with Social Worker to identify case findings that require intervention in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team (IDT). Assist in coordinating the psychosocial component for plan of care for hospice patients and families.
- Provides on-going individual and family support as need is determined by the IDT.
- Assist with ongoing emotional factors related to patient and family coping with illness, financial difficulties, and grief. Report on effects of and educate other members of IDT in understanding the significance of social and emotional factors related to patient's health issues.
- Learn about and assist with financial counseling patients related to Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance.
- Participate in IDT Meetings and provide input regarding psychosocial aspect of care as needed.
- Participate in orientation and in service education for hospice team.
- Participate in discharge planning with determined necessary by IDT.
- Assist patient and families with long term care placement for patients if needed, or respite placement.
- Complete documentation regarding patient care and patient and family contacts.
- Assist with bereavement needs of family as needed.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/2Egqvgo
New intern requirements:
Interview with volunteer coordinator
We'll work with your schedule.
NorthglennDenverCastle RockFort Collins, CO 80521
- Hospice Care
- Case Work / Management
- Social Work
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Per Individual School Requirements
- drug screening, TB test