Touch someone's heart - Make Clay Heart Keepsakes for Hospice Families
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
14 people are interested
Your heart can touch someone else's heart...
Support Samaritan's families by making mini clay heart keepsakes for our staff to share as part of a ritual with our families who just lost their loved one on Samaritan’s services.
The hearts are inside blue velour bags with a beautiful verse to go along with it. The hearts are placed in the caregiver’s hand to honor and memorialize the patient.
Check out this video about the hearts: https://youtu.be/uMxMMVrQwu0
Make as many as you like - once or ongoing. Service hours awarded. Supplies NOT provided.
Finished hearts may be dropped off or mailed to Samaritan's administrative office: Sharon Wenner, Samaritan Healthcare & Hospice, 5 Eves Drive, Suite 300, Marlton, NJ 08053
- Sculpey Clay
- 1.5" mini Heart Cutters - smooth edges only (no flutes/ruffles, etc.)
1. Make hearts 1/4" thick - durability is better than quantity; if they are too thin, they will break.
2. Marble colors
- No solid-colored hearts
- No military or camouflage patterns - staff cannot see what heart is in the gift bag so they need to be for anyone.
- Use colors that "match" together (for instance, no hearts with just green and orange)
- Use black and dark brown clay sparingly.
3. Press clay and cut out with 1.5" mini heart cookie cutter; check your cutter hinge - some hearts may cause clay to have rough notches near point of heart, please smooth out before baking
4. Bake at 275 degrees for 15 minutes per 1/4". The hearts don’t spread like cookies, so you can load the tray.
Let cool, and you're done!
Do NOT coat with any type of glaze or spray as it interacts with the clay and becomes tacky in the heat.
Thank you so very much sharing your heart!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People 55+