Line of service: Volunteer Services
Purpose: Represent the Red Cross at community events informing the public about the Red Cross, their work in the community, and how to get involved.
*Represent the Red Cross at expos, fairs, and other events
*Engage and share preparedness information with the public
*Recruit new volunteers
*Become knowledgeable about the Red Cross, local programs, services, and key contacts
Time Commitment/Availability: Flexible; depends on need.
Apply to volunteer with the Red Cross at the following link: http://rdcrss.org/1jwIkp1 Click apply now and create an account in Volunteer Connection.
Training: Training will be provided to interested volunteers.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- at least one event per month
- Southeast Michigan, Services to...
- Southwest Michigan Disaster...
- Southeast Michigan Disaster...
- Lansing Administrative Assistant
- Public Affairs Volunteer
- Grand Rapids Office Support...
- Front Desk Volunteer: General...
- Volunteer Connection Lead
- Flint Disaster Health Services
- Mid-Michigan Disaster Health...
- Northern Michigan Disaster...
- Southwest Community Engagement...
- Grand Rapids Disaster Health...
- Grand Rapids Restoring Family...
- Flint Community Engagement...
- Southwest Disaster Health Services
- Mid-Michigan Community...
- Sound the Alarm Event!
- Kalamazoo Disaster Action Team...
- Lansing Transportation Specialist