Marketing and Events Coordinator
2 people are interested
Mosqoy’s Marketing and Events Coordinator is an integral part of the organization, connecting our work to our supporters in Cusco, Canada and around the world. The Marketing and Events Coordinator communicates up-to-date information to our audiences about Mosqoy’s work in Peru and Canada, regularly engaging with the public through social media, blogs, newsletters, and printed promotional materials. As the Events Coordinator, you will also be involved in organising and running our local fundraising events in Cusco, such as our weekly pub quiz. The Marketing and Events Coordinator’s work aims to build a strong, consistent Mosqoy brand/voice and foster a strong community network using your skills to broaden our audience and connect with new potential supporters through event and campaign promotion.
If you enjoy connecting with communities digitally and in-person, are social media savvy, have experience organising events, and believe that your skills and passion could help support Mosqoy, then this could be the ideal position for you!
Mosqoy is a registered Canadian charitable organization and Peruvian Asociación Civil that works in remote communities of the Peruvian Andes, offering opportunities for economic development while nurturing the threatened indigenous Quechua culture. We operate one charitable program and two social enterprises. The Mosqoy Youth Program offers opportunities for post-secondary education to promising youth of the Andes region. Upon graduation, these students will become professionals in their field of study, and leaders for their communities. Mosqoy Peruvian Textiles supports indigenous communities and women weavers by revitalizing textile traditions and helping to provide fair trade markets for them to sell their textiles. Mosqoy Field School aims to raise global awareness and responsibility in schools and universities in North America through courses and presentations, and through our tours in Peru. For more information, please visit www.mosqoy.org or www.facebook.com/mosqoy.
- Volunteer position
- Based in Cusco, Peru
- 20-30 hours per week
- Minimum 6-month commitment
- Start date: January 2019
- Manage social media accounts and engage with the online community through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Coordinate blog editing, posting, and online promotion
- Communicate Mosqoy updates through our online newsletter and mailing lists
- Lead the marketing strategy for all of Mosqoy's online campaigns
- Coordinate special marketing projects, such as videos, photo series, and digital storytelling on particular themes
- Assist with the design of promotional materials
- Work with the events teams to create and distribute promotional materials for Mosqoy events
- Maintain communication with other managers and team members, both online and in-person
- Prepare, promote and run our weekly pub quiz/trivia night, working closely with one of our partner organisations. This includes writing the quiz and hosting once or twice a month.
- Assist the field team with the organisation and promotion of local fundraising events as needed.
- Previous experience in a related field (marketing, advertising, professional writing, and/or graphic design)
- Ability to work as part of a virtual/distributed team
- Confident self-starter, with a high degree of motivation and initiative
- Experienced using social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), particularly the management and promotion of an organizational account/page
- Basic photography skills and ability to upload photos online
- Willingness and ability to learn new software and/or platforms
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- An intermediate level of Spanish and a desire to learn more whilst in Cusco
- Strong written communications skills
- Event organisation experience
- Confident public speaker
- Enjoys hiking and the outdoors, and is prepared to stay in remote communities without modern amenities at times
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new environments, and resourcefulness
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Interest in and open mind to learning about concepts of responsible international development, indigenous rights issues, and intersectionality
- Creativity and enthusiasm to seize new opportunities and identify potential areas for improvement and growth
- Knowledge of Wix, Blogger, Hootsuite, and/or LinkedIn
- Graphic design experience (Canva, Illustrator, Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
- Experience creating or using brand guidelines
- Understanding of digital analytics: Google Analytics, SEO, SES, social media benchmarking
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. First-come first-serve basis.HOW TO APPLY
Please send applications or questions to our Recruitment Officer (email@example.com) with the subject: "Marketing & Events Coordinator Application." Complete applications consist of a resume/CV and cover letter in English, and names, relation, phone numbers, and emails of three references. Please also indicate how you learned about this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Casa MosqoyCusco, Peru
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6-months/20 to 30 hours per week