Mosqoy’s Marketing and Events Coordinator is an integral part of the organization, connecting our work to our supporters in Cusco, Canada and around the world. Primarily through online platforms, the Marketing and Events Coordinator works to communicate updates to our supporters and audience, regularly engaging with the public through social media, blogs, newsletters, and printed publicity materials, maintaining a flow of up-to-date information about Mosqoy’s work in Peru and Canada. The position also involves organising and running our local fundraising events in Cusco, such as our weekly pub quiz. The Marketing and Events Coordinator’s work aims to foster a strong community network, but also to broaden our audience and connect with new potential supporters through event and campaign promotion.
If you enjoy connecting with communities digitally and in-person, are savvy with social media, enjoy organising events, and believe that your skills and passion could help support Mosqoy, then this could be the ideal position for you!
Mosqoy was founded in 2006 and is a registered Canadian charitable organization and Peruvian Asociación Civil that works in remote communities of the Peruvian Andes, offering opportunities for economic development while nurturing their threatened indigenous culture. It operates two social enterprises: Mosqoy Peruvian Textiles and Mosqoy Field School, which collectively fund its three main programs: 1) the Q’ente Textile Program, which supports Indigenous communities by revitalizing and supporting textile traditions in the Peruvian Andes; 2) the T’ikary Youth Program, which offers promising youth of the region opportunities for post-secondary education; and 3) the Mink’a Knowledge Exchange Program, which aims to raise global awareness and responsibility in schools and universities. For more information, visit www.mosqoy.org or www.facebook.com/mosqoy.
- Volunteer position
- Based in Cusco, Peru
- 15-20 hours per week
- Minimum 6-month commitment
- Flexible, unconventional schedule, including some weekends and evenings
- In-country internship-related transportation expenses are covered
- A letter of reference and certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the position
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Manage social media accounts and engage with the online community through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Coordinate blog editing, posting, and online promotion
- Communicate Mosqoy updates through our online newsletter and mailing lists
- Lead the marketing strategy for all of Mosqoy's online campaigns
- Coordinate special marketing projects, such as videos, photo series, and digital storytelling on particular themes
- Assist with the graphic design of publicity materials
- Work with the events teams to create and distribute promotional materials for Mosqoy events
- Maintain communication with other managers and team members, both online and in-person
- Prepare, promote and run our weekly pub quiz/trivia night, working closely with one of our partner organizations. This includes writing the quiz and hosting once or twice a month.
- Assist the field team with the organization and promotion of local fundraising events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Peru Leadership Team
- Experienced in social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram), particularly the management and promotion of an organizational account/page
- Fluency (reading, writing, and speaking) inEnglish with an intermediate level of Spanish and a desire to improve whilst in Cusco
- Strong written communications skills
- Previous experience in marketing, advertising, professional writing, and/or graphic design
- Ability to work as part of a virtual/distributed team
- Willingness and ability to learn new software/online platforms
- Digital photography skills and ability to upload photos online
- Enjoys hiking and the outdoors, and is prepared to stay in remote communities without modern amenities at times
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new environments, resourcefulness, and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Creativity and enthusiasm to seize new opportunities and identify potential areas for improvement and growth
- Confident public speaker
- Event organization
- Interest in and open mind to learning about concepts of responsible international development, indigenous rights issues, and intersectionality
- Knowledge of Wix, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Canva, and/or Google Analytics
- Graphic design experience (Canva, Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
- Understanding of web/online analytics, SEO, SES
- Fluency (reading, writing, and speaking) in Spanish
HOW TO APPLY
For more information on this position, or to apply, please contact our Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete applications consist of a resume/CV and cover letter in English, and names, relation, phone numbers, and emails of three references. Please also indicate how you learned about this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. First-come first-serve basis.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6-months/15 to 20 hours per week