ESL Teachers and Assistants - Monday & Wednesday 2-3:30
14 people are interested
For Fall 2019, provide class assistance to ESL instructors who are helping older adults learning the English language. Assistants are not expected to know another language or have teaching credentials. Classes are held at Whistlestop in San Rafael on Monday and/or Wednesday afternoons.
Qualifications and experience:
- Completion of Volunteer Application and Disclosure Form.
- Some teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- A willingness to help someone else learn English.
- Availability to assist on one or both of the class days. (Monday and/or Wednesday)
Benefits of Volunteering
- Satisfaction of knowing you are helping older adults remain active and engaged as a vital resource in our community
- Learning new skills and exploring career options
- Recognition for your contributions
- Opportunity to meet diverse participants, fellow volunteers and staff
930 Tamalpais Ave., United States, San Rafael, CA 94901, US
To promote the independence and well-being of older adults in Marin County by providing a comprehensive, integrated program of services and activities to enhance their quality of life, and to provide nutritional and transportation services for elderly and disabled persons.
Whistlestop Wheels provides transportation to people who are unable to use public transportation due to a disability or health related condition.
930 Tamalpais AvenueSan Rafael, CA 94901
- People Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monday and/or Wednesday from 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Teaching or tutoring experience preferred but not required.