20 people are interested
2-volunteers partner together to offer a hand to a homeless person (client), who is moving into an (empty) apartment...
- Obligation - estimated need to meet 3-8x with client - each client's needs will vary
- Location - San Diego County - will depend on location of client's residence
- Coffee/Tea Time - meet at neutral location & visit to discover personal needs of client (checklists provided) (approx. 1-2 hrs)
- Decisions! Decisions! - guide (mentor) client in purchasing and basic move-in decisions (checklists provided)
- Used Items - assist in finding NICE items on CraigsList.org, Nextdoor.com, fb, etc. according to client's preferences - work with Fischer Outreach to obtain and deliver the items
- Go Shopping - take client shopping for necessities not found gently used (bed, dishes, table, etc (financial assistance provided through Fischer Outreach)
- Expectation - Shopping/Mentoring expectation between client & Fischer Outreach Volunteers is 1-2 mo./client
- Limitation - Fischer Outreach Shoppers/Mentor Volunteers may assist up to 2 clients
- Additional Mentoring Option - the same mentor may continue to guide client through setting up household budget, "how to keep a job", healthy living, choices for success, etc. - expectation for this is to meet more often within the same 2 mo. time frame (exceptions to the 2 mo. time frame may be allowed by the Fischer Outreach Volunteer if requested by the client)
Thank you for partnering in personally meeting basic needs of someone less fortunate.
About Fischer Community Outreach
4870 Brookburn Dr, San Diego, CA 92130, US
Our Mission "Change Patterns, Improve Lives" The Fischer Community Outreach Foundation is dedicated to empowering individuals and communities to uplift the vulnerable, "at-risk" and distressed with hope, encouragement, assistance, education and spiritual growth, providing necessities and nurturing those in need from conception to natural death so individuals and families can unite and become self-sufficient. Our Vision is to empower youth and residents to transform their neighborhoods through community service.
The FFCOF is 100% Volunteer.
When someone homeless is at the point where they are ready to enter into independent living, they may seek the assistance of local organizations; they may already be in their system such as a resident at a shelter. When the organization is able to find living quarters for them, they move into an empty apartment.
Fischer Community Outreach offers to help homeless get established by providing personal support and financial assistance in obtaining household necessities (currently San Diego, CA). The foundation’s Volunteer Mentors encourage learning through this move-in experience and how necessary decisions unavoidably affect our lives. As "Personal Shoppers" we guide them through purchasing decisions on a budget and tutors will help setup finances, budgeting, and money management.
As the foundation aids people in need of a hand up, it fulfills its mission to bring hope and resources to someone of less fortune.
Thank you for your consideration in partnering with Fischer Outreach. All donations of time, money and "move-in" items are greatly appreciated.
We'll work with your schedule.
Varies-San Diego AreaSan Diego, CA 92130
- Project Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hr/visit - 3-8 visits
- reliable vehicle & willing to drive client to shop at Walmart and assist them in making frugal choices of necessities