14 people are interested
2-volunteers partner together to offer a hand to a homeless person (client), who is moving into an (empty) apartment...
- Obligation - estimated need to meet 3-8x with client - each client's needs will vary
- Location - San Diego County - will depend on location of client's residence
- Coffee/Tea Time - meet at neutral location & visit to discover personal needs of client (checklists provided) (approx. 1-2 hrs)
- Decisions! Decisions! - guide (mentor) client in purchasing and basic move-in decisions (checklists provided)
- Used Items - assist in finding NICE items on CraigsList.org, Nextdoor.com, fb, etc. according to client's preferences - work with Fischer Outreach to obtain and deliver the items
- Go Shopping - take client shopping for necessities not found gently used (bed, dishes, table, etc (financial assistance provided through Fischer Outreach)
- Expectation - Shopping/Mentoring expectation between client & Fischer Outreach Volunteers is 1-2 mo./client
- Limitation - Fischer Outreach Shoppers/Mentor Volunteers may assist up to 2 clients
- Additional Mentoring Option - the same mentor may continue to guide client through setting up household budget, "how to keep a job", healthy living, choices for success, etc. - expectation for this is to meet more often within the same 2 mo. time frame (exceptions to the 2 mo. time frame may be allowed by the Fischer Outreach Volunteer if requested by the client)
Thank you for partnering in personally meeting basic needs of someone less fortunate.
We'll work with your schedule.
Varies-San Diego AreaSan Diego, CA 92130
- Project Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hr/visit - 3-8 visits
- reliable vehicle & willing to drive client to shop at Walmart and assist them in making frugal choices of necessities