Gift Closet Volunteers connect directly with patients receiving cancer treatment, offering wigs, accessories, and cancer resources through the American Cancer Society. Volunteers also provide compassionate, warm, inclusive environment for both patients and family members before and after their medical appointments.
Volunteers can work as little as once a month to once a week depending on availability, but it is preferred that volunteers take a regular shift per week, and willing to commit to volunteer for 6 months.
- Assist cancer patients with trying on wigs, hats and scarves.
- Register patients for Look Good Feel Better workshop.
- Complete paperwork documenting each patient who is provided with a gift item.
- At the end of your shift, clean up the space and put away any gift items.
- Training offered by the American Cancer Society on how to interact with patients, fit wigs and fill out paperwork.
- Local American Cancer Society and Legacy Health staff available for day to day support.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training