Cultural Orientation Intern
Intern will assist in delivering Cultural Orientation (CO) to newly arriving refugees. This includes helping organize and teach Cultural Orientation class, showing newly-arrived refugees around their new neighborhoods, teaching clients to ride the bus, and other duties as assigned.
- Number of intern positions available:
- Start date: ASAP/Summer 2018
- Time Commitment: 8-10 hours per week
- Help teach CO to newly arrived refugees
- Help orient new clients to their neighborhoods (libraries, parks, clothing/grocery stores, etc.)
- Teach clients how to navigate the bus to the IRC Denver office
- Create new lesson plans and training to incorporate into CO
- Help organize CO logistics such as: booking interpreters and locations and ensuring class time doesn't interfere with other resettlement activities clients may have
- Provide follow up for individuals needing more assistance after orientation class
- Identify which subjects clients need more training on and implement training opportunities available for clients
- Skills required:
- Applicant should be independent, organized and willing to ride public transportation and/or provide transportation for clients in own vehicle
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Housing & logistics intern
- Digital Literacy Intern
- Case management intern
- Case Management -- School...
- Youth program outside activities...
- Employment Case Management Intern
- Cultural Orientation Intern
- Psychosocial support program...
- In-home ESL program intern
- Job Readiness Intern
- Digital literacy mentor
- ESL Coordination Intern
- Asylee Outreach Intern