Employment Case Management Intern
The job placement intern will support job placement efforts at the IRC in Denver. This opportunity allows interns to work closely with refugee clients and assist them as they find employment and enter the U.S. workforce.
- Number of intern positions available: 3
- Start date: April, May or June 2018
- Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week; occasional early mornings/evenings
- Help clients achieve self-sufficiency by navigating U.S. work culture and overcoming barriers to employment.
- Provide transportation for clients to and from interviews
- Teach clients how to get to and from job interviews and place of work on public transportation (must be willing to use public transportation)
- Mentor clients on U.S. work culture and how to be a successful employee
- Research potential job opportunities, conduct occasional outreach to companies
- Relevant majors include (but are not limited to): Business Administration, Human Resources, International Relations, Social Work, Political Science, Sociology, Women’s Studies
- Skills required:
- Intercultural communication, complex problem solving, time management, written communication, critical thinking, flexibility, data entry
- Learning objective:
- Understand and navigate some of the challenges faced by refugees in their job search and placement process. Gain cultural awareness and sensitivity. Improve communication skills when communicating with individuals with limited English proficiency. Gain knowledge of the resources and opportunities available to refugee communities in Denver. Gain exposure to the refugee resettlement process and other services offered by the IRC. Understand various program compliance requirements and different funding sources.
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per week
- Housing & logistics intern
- Digital Literacy Intern
- Case management intern
- Case Management -- School...
- Youth program outside activities...
- Employment Case Management Intern
- Cultural Orientation Intern
- Psychosocial support program...
- In-home ESL program intern
- Job Readiness Intern
- Digital literacy mentor
- ESL Coordination Intern
- Asylee Outreach Intern