Education Is the Key Success, GED Instructor In Need Of Assistant
DESC has assisted hundreds of individuals obtain employment as their primary path out of homelessness and toward greater stability through two distinct programs: Supported Employment Program and GED completion classes. The GED program has been a great success, so much so it's more than one person can handle alone.
Below is a description of the GED program offered to DESC clients and the commitment needed from a volunteer assistant.
1. The class is for a wide range of abilities. Most students enter at basic levels. This is not an ESL class but some non-native speakers, with no better options available, have spent time in the class and have coped well.
2. Clients join for a wide range of reasons including using time productively, self-improvement, gaining employment skills, gaining a GED or preparing for college interest admission tests.
3. Students do not need to commit to an attendance level. They can register up until the 8th week of the quarter just by coming to class.
4. Classes are free. Once registered, clients are full-fledged students at Seattle Central and are free to use college facilities.
5. Monday-Thursday from 9am-11am at the DESC 505 3rd Ave building.
Join the fights to end homeless!
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months