The Welcome Home Group is a 501(C)3 non-profit providing free career readiness to transitioning U.S. military members, veterans, and military spouses since 2012. We provide individualized career coaching services that include an Interactive Resume, interview assistance, employment resources, mock interviews, and job sourcing.
After extensive research into the causes of veteran unemployment, we have developed a program that showcases a high level of success with the placement of veterans into higher paying positions, with a higher retention rate.
The Welcome Home Group is run exclusively by volunteers. We are dedicated to helping veterans transition into civilian employment. For more information about our mission, our services, and how to get involved as a corporate partner, employment partner, donor or volunteer, please visit our website at thewelcomehomegroup.org.
Develops and implements successful recruitment strategies that align with the company’s growth goals so as to increase staffing levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Must respond to volunteer emails within 24 hours
* Assists management in determining staffing needs and developing key staffing initiatives
* Responsible for sourcing a minimum of 25 viable leads each month
* Communicates with candidates to gauge interest, and to guide them through the application process, including corresponding via email, conducting preliminary screening interviews by phone, and ensuring relevant paperwork is submitted
* Ensures that job requirements and expectations are delivered to and clearly understood by candidates
* Generates appropriate correspondence to ensure timeliness of recruitment process
* Adheres to corporate hiring policies and procedures
* Thoroughly documents all activities and progress using the company's web-based CRM system
* Maintains clear channel of communication with all parties involved, and actively reports challenges to upper management
* Participates in required introductory training seminars and monthly virtual staff meetings
* Experience in human resources, staffing or recruiting, or other relevant experience
* Technologically proficient, with experience in Microsoft Word, email, and web-based data entry systems
* Must be proficient in the use of the English language
* Ability to meet deadlines and achieve goals, without direct supervision
* Efficient in analyzing information gathered and presenting it in a concise and structured manner
* Able to execute sound judgment when analyzing data
* Maintains high standards of consistency and professionalism
* Must be willing to volunteer a minimum of ten (10) hours per month
* Ability to attend virtual training seminars or meetings held on evenings and/or weekends if required. Contact with potential candidates may need to be scheduled outside of traditional business hours.
* Must have a quiet work environment for calls, a reliable computer/laptop, internet, and telephone access
- Public Relations
- Human Resources Training & Development
- ERP / CRM
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours per month