The Sacramento Public Library has an extensive collection of books written in Korean. We are seeking a translator to covert written material from Korean into English making sure that the translated version accurately conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible. The translator assist the collection development librarian in the cataloging of the Korean materials. Accurate cataloging enables patrons to look for and find the book of interest.
The translator will:
- Read through original Korean material and transliterate (Romanize) the title, author and publisher
- Translate a brief summary of the book
- Type information into an electronic form
Flexible schedule - days and times to be determined by volunteer and librarian.
- Data Entry
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 2 to 4 hours weekly - flexible schedule
- Fluency in Korean and English