We Make Change - Cause Researcher
We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas, and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can make change happen.
About the role
The researchers’ purpose within WMC is to be a knowledgeable resource that all the departments can use when they require material on causes. Sometimes this may be requested because WMC are working on something specific, but ultimately we are looking for individuals to write about the topics they know and care about, with a view to sharing their research with the wider Changemaker community.
Our research and writing is shared in three formats:
- Long-form content - the We Make Change blog
- Medium-form content - our weekly newsletter
- Short-form content - our social media channels
We have 10 cause categories:
- Social Welfare
Projects are discussed and created through the Changemakers Slack Workspace. The role may expand to provide support in relevant Slack channels in a knowledge-sharing capacity. It may also include the chance to consult with a project team as a point of call for cause experience, information, and research.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in either specific global causes or a range of Sustainable Development Goal-related topics
- Research and writing experience is necessary and we are looking for a high standard developed through university, professional, or personal experience
- A related degree is not a requirement so long as you are able to demonstrate passion for and knowledge of your subject
- We expect researchers to be able to verify the quality of their sources and present information in an engaging way which is easily understandable for lay audiences
- It would be advantageous to have experience in either blogging or social media
We are looking for two researchers to take responsibility for each cause so there will always be someone available to write about a related subject with ~ one week’s notice. The time commitment is flexible and is something we would discuss at interview.
Some of our researchers prefer to write about topics they are already studying as part of current university work. As this research is often transferable to writing for WMC the time commitment would be very manageable alongside studies.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- minimum time commitment is 8 hours per week
- Marketing Executive
- Chief Operating Officer
- HR Manager
- Project Manager- Universities
- Social Media Manager
- PR Officer
- Graphic Designer
- Head of Finance
- Project Manager- Blog
- Salesforce Administrator
- Bid Writer
- .NET Web Developer
- Community Manager
- Data Analyst
- Java Web Developer
- Cause Researcher
- International Ambassador