MISSION: Read Better Be Better helps children improve literacy skills and become better learners.
VISION: A Society in which children master the foundational skills necessary to become independent learners.
Be Excellent Be Kind
Read Better Be Better is an after school literacy program. We are the only nonprofit organization in Arizona that engages youth leaders to help solve the state’s literacy crisis.
We create change by helping children master reading comprehension in three ways: improving concentration, encouraging an active enjoyment of reading, and helping develop a deeper understanding of what is being read. We support basic classroom instruction with additional comprehension strategies to improve proficiency and positively impact future academic success.
RBBB uses trained 6 th - 8 th grade volunteers to implement a simple, but highly structured after-school program for 3rd graders. The older students work one-on-one with the younger students, modeling and fostering active engagement with a variety of texts. The program also includes constructive play activities specifically chosen for their ability to focus attention and improve concentration.
We are looking for groups and individuals to assist in our end-of-year kit rebuild. It is extremely important to us that all RBBB students know we value them and their growth-rebuilding our material wagons helps us set our staff and students up for success.
- Transporting material wagons from schools to central location in a Uhaul truck
- Replacing books, sticky note pads, pencils, and markers in all 25 curriculum packets per wagon
- Cleaning laminated curriculum worksheets
- Counting, Organizing, and compiling new materials in each wagon
- The ability to lift/push material wagons up to 50 lbs.
- Drivers needed to transport wagons from school partner sites to district offices:
- Friday, 4/27 - 2 drivers. North Phoenix.
- Friday, 5/4 - 2 drivers. Central Phoenix.
- Friday, 5/11 - 2 drivers. Tolleson/Avondale.
- Groups of 4-10 people needed to rebuild wagons
- Tuesday, 5/8, 11am-5pm in Central Phoenix
- Friday, 5/11, 2pm-6pm in Central Phoenix
- Tuesday, 5/15 11am-5pm in Avondale
- Wednesday, 5/16, 9am-3pm in Avondale
Email your availability for this project to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4/23/18.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-6 hours.