Chestnut Hill Farm is located in Southborough and it is a hidden gem providing organically grown vegetables to the local community through CSA and farm-stand. It is a growing endeavor with a planned membership of 250 in the next 3 years. As a non-profit and a Trustees property, the farm is also committed to a level of community engagement and education that goes beyond agriculture to include community building and support.
- Liaise between local food pantries, soup kitchens and other organizations to get fresh produce to those food insecure persons that most need it.
- Working closely with a staff person you will:
- Engage with local food pantries to determine their fresh produce needs and how Chestnut Hill may best contribute
- Determine if there are other programs for food-insecure families/individuals that we may contribute fresh produce to
- Organize drop-off and pick-up of fresh produce to appropriate locations
- Keep accurate records of all produce harvested/donated to which organizations
- Advertising of our SNAP acceptance at local food pantries, churches, etc through flyers, a booth, et al
- Must be able to lift/carry 40lb box/basket
- Ability to stand for a period of time
- 1-2 hours per week during the growing season
- Tuesday evenings, Friday mornings, and other times as needed
- Position lasts from May to mid-November.
- Program Management
- Food Service
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours per week May-mid-November
- Must have reliable transporation
- Greenhouse Watering Assistant-...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- CSA Packing Assistants- Chestnut...
- Food Pantry Liaison- Chestnut...
- Greenhouse Assistant- Chestnut...
- Property Steward- Dexter Drumlin
- CSA Distribution Coordinator-...
- Property Ambassador- KITCHEN at...
- Harvest Assistants- Chestnut...