Hero Care Caseworker
4 people are interested
The Hero Care Caseworker provides military members, families and veterans with casework services, family follow-up, information, resources and referrals to organizations for assistance.Key Responsibilities
- Answer phone calls and provide information for case initiation.
- Perform casework functions to include correct referrals and completing family follow up.
- Enter information into computerized casework program as needed.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy.
- Ensure that volunteer hours are tracked per Red Cross policy.
- Successful American Red Cross background check
- Complete required national training and locally developed orientation
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military
- families, and veterans' issues
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while
- upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze,
- and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
- Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include
- Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and
- friendly manners respectful of human dignity
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
4155 Diamond Head RoadHonolulu, HI 96816
- Case Work / Management
- Child Welfare
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, with a scheduled commitment