Hurricane Shelter Worker (Kauai)
9 people are interested
Provides support in the shelter at the registration table, overseeing the dormitory or feeding areas, producing reports, or assisting in other areas as needed. Ensures that shelter residents are safe and that their needs are met.
- Logs in residents when they first arrive at the shelter, answer question and help them get settled. Assist clients when needed and ensure they are safe
- Oversee the dormitory area and ensures clients are obeying the rules of the shelter
- Oversee the feeding area to ensure proper food handling procedures are being followed
- Complete reports, logs, and any written communication as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to work as a team player
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of local shelter procedures
- Flexibility and willingness to work where the most help is needed
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
We'll work with your schedule.
4485 Pahe'e StreetSuite 145Lihue, HI 96766
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- As needed to complete key responsibilities.