3 people are interested
Disaster Shelter Kauai: Health Services Worker
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
The purpose of this position is to provide Disaster Health Services to clients and community in support of a Shelter Operation, under current COVID-19 conditions.
- Support and collaborate with other disaster functions before, during and after a disaster by acting as a subject matter expert.
- Help clients find replacement medication, eye glasses, etc. and find resources to meet future health needs resulting from the event.
- Perform client casework, as needed
- For a PA, their license should be active and unencumbered. This group of professionals will not have full scope of practice and therefore cannot write prescriptions, similar to physicians who volunteer with the Red Cross. Under the direction and delegation of an RN, PAs can provide assessment, care and assistance to clients with unmet health needs after disaster. Expectations of the PA must clearly be managed to understand the limitations of the volunteer opportunity. They certainly can provide much to the clients and will be a great asset.
- RNs with a retired license in a state where there are no restrictions on that license can also be part of the DHS volunteer corps. The state in which they hold the retired license should grant full scope of practice to the retired nurse for volunteer activities. This is a state by state license issue and research is being done to identify which states allow for full scope of practice even if in a retired status.
- Licensed or certified LPN/LVN, MD, D. O., EMT or Paramedic
- Ability to be part of a team demonstrating traits of honesty, forward looking, competence, intelligence and compassion. The Disaster Shelter Health Services Worker understands how they fit into the larger DCS and Sheltering structure and how their actions can positively influence and support the DCS Program.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
4485 Pahe'e StreetSuite 145Lihue, HI 96766
May 9, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Case Work / Management
- Patient Care
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As needed for disaster response. Available to work in a shelter for at least 5 shifts, in a two week period. For deployments to the mainland (not required) you need to be available for at least two weeks.
- Willing to complete training, customer service focus.