Easterseals Walk With Me is a fundraising event to raise awareness and support for families living with disabilities in North Texas.
Individual walkers and teams join hundreds of other passionate people in their communities for a few hours of entertainment, fun and, of course, our signature walk through Globe Life Park! KLTY radio will be having a remote broadcast during the event.
The event is inside the concourse of Globe Life Park so no worries about the Texas sun! There is a free family fun fair with simple carnival games and activities. Volunteers are also needed to walk with the children in non-scary super hero or princess costumes. Other volunteers can help with directions in the park.
Experience working with children with Autism is a plus.
Walk with Me benefits Easterseals North Texas. We’re proud to serve over 4,000 people with disabilities and their families every year in Dallas-Fort Worth. From therapy and early intervention services, to autism treatment and employment placement, we help children and adults with disabilities, caregivers, veterans and seniors be at their best as they live, learn, work and play. Brief description of ESNT’s programs and services are listed as follows:
- Veterans Services - Services to support veterans with disabilities in obtaining and maintaining employment in the community, and outpatient rehabilitation therapy;
- Autism Treatment Program - Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) ages 2-15;
- Child Development Center - fully inclusive pre-school program for typically developing children and children with ASD;
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Therapy - Physical, Occupational and Speech-Language therapies for children with disabilities;
- CLASS Case Management - Comprehensive case management for children and adults with disabilities enrolled in the CLASS Medicaid waiver;
- Home Care Services - In-home respite care, personal care and homemaker services for adults with disabilities;
- Employment Services - Services to support adults with disabilities in obtaining and maintaining employment in the community;
- WIPA - Individualized education for individuals with disabilities about Social Security work incentives and employment options.
All services provided by ESNT play a critical role in the lives of children and adults with disabilities and their families by helping them maximize their independence in order to lead healthy, productive and social lives.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- A couple of hours -