Organization: Compass Family Services helps homeless and at-risk families achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency.
Program: Twitter NeighborNest is a family-friendly technology learning center with a mission of creating new possibilities by cultivating digital literacy and a love for knowledge.
Purpose: To capture candid, high-quality photos of our clients participating in groups, classes and other activities at the NeighborNest. We would like to use these photos in our promotional materials (flyers, Compass website, and social media) to help spread the word about what we do at the NeighborNest.
Commitment: 2-4 hours/month. Our group/class programming takes place on the following days/times:
Mondays, 10-11 am (music class)
Tuesdays, 10-11am (story hour & craft time)
Thursdays, 10:30-11:15am (baby class)
Thursdays, 5-6:30 pm (computer class)
Thursday, every other month, 5:30-7pm (movie night)
Ideally, the volunteer would come to each class once or twice to take photos with a DSLR and then do some post-processing/editing of the photos. The volunteer could come to one or two classes each month, or whatever their schedule allows, and complete this photo project over the course of several months.
- Take photos of participants and staff engaging in groups and classes at the NeighborNest
- Process and edit photos for use in Compass promotional materials, website and social media
- Respect the wishes of clients who have not given permission us to take their photo (these participants will be identified in advance)
- Coordinate with NeighborNest program coordinator the days and times they will come to the to take photos
- Upload edited photos to Dropbox or other photo sharing application
- Love of photography and the ability to capture candid moments
- Knowledge of photo editing
- Comfortable being around kids and families
- Child Development
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours per month