Darshan2Divinity (D2D) is a California non-profit religious corporation with 501 (c)(3) tax exempt status. D2D is a spiritual organization which provides individuals the spiritual knowledge and practical experience to promote simple living, bring communal harmony and encourage social responsibility. The organization uses the teachings of Bhagavad Gita, Thirukural and other great spiritual knowledge from throughout the world to uplift oneself as well as the society. The organization teaches the way of simple living through various activities like singing/bhajans, volunteering/services to the society, nature/animal protection, alms giving, potluck etc. Through meditation, breathing, grounding, healing and yoga practices, the organization helps the individual to identify their purpose of life.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will be responsible for preparing monthly & yearly newsletter for all the programs in D2D. Duties will include collecting information from the D2D program managers, editing the contents, creating a template and sending the newsletter monthly to members and volunteers. Also create newsletter at the year end and send it to all members and volunteers. This person will closely coordinate with the Darshan2Divinity (D2D) program managers with the following tasks.
- Collect all the information needed about the D2D programs from the D2D program managers to create the newsletter.
- Plan, organize and edit the contents of each month’s newsletter.
- Gather and choose possible photos, images for newsletter.
- Create newsletter with the collected information using a template and provide the draft to the D2D program managers respectively.
- Document the process in a word template provided by the D2D program managers.
- Once approved email newsletter to the list of people provided by the D2D program managers.
- In the beginning of November, using all the monthly newsletters as a reference create a year-end newsletter for D2D.
- Provide the draft to the D2D program managers and upon approval email to the list of people provided by the D2D program managers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A Basic understanding of creating Newsletters.
- Professional writing and editing experience.
- Able to manage a monthly project from start to completion.
- Attention to detail, especially in editing, proofing.
- Proficient computer skills-use of Word, emailing, Internet.
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking, Networking,
- Strong organizational and communicational skills.
- Interest in Kids food waste awareness.
- Computer expertise & Internet researching skills.
- Commitment to the mission & vision of D2D.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 - 10 hrs/week