JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, regulatory influence, and a working plan to better treat, prevent, and eventually cure T1D.
JDRF Michigan Great Lakes West Chapter has an exciting internship opportunity available. This position is ideal for an undergraduate student seeking experience in the non-profit sector, including event-planning, relationship management, marketing, public health, and fundraising. The intern selected for this position will work primarily on the 2018 JDRF One Walk Grand Rapids.
The position provides the opportunity to gain experience and training in:
- Constituent relationship management
- Meeting planning/execution
- Database management
- Special event logistics and planning
- General office skills
- Using a database, track and monitor walk team/individuals
- Research companies/markets, volunteer and fundraising opportunities using internet
- Assist in planning and implementation of events
- Marketing and design of chapter e-communications including website, Facebook, e-newsletters, and print materials
- Represent JDRF and our programs and events over the phone and in person at functions and events
- Other office duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- This position is open to college students in good academic standing, completing their sophomore, junior, or senior year.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable performing local outreach and giving presentations to businesses and constituents.
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply new skills quickly.
- Great attention to detail and accountability for work.
- Optimistic, team-player with a friendly, outgoing demeanor a must.
- Employ discretion, tact, and empathy; pro-active and intuitive people skills.
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail, web browsing, typing, etc.
- Comfort level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher.
- The ideal candidate will possess friendly phone etiquette, problem solving skills and enjoy working independently as part of a team. Candidate must be a self-starter, creative, resourceful and outgoing.
Candidates that can commit to 10+ hours a week will be given higher consideration.
JDRF will be happy to provide an evaluation and letter of recommendation at the end of your internship.
Interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to Jillian Breneman at email@example.com by May 7, 2018. No phone calls please.
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Graphic Design / Print
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 200 hours - flexible