Representatives of the American Mental Wellness Association
4 people are interested
The American Mental Wellness Association is the national arm of the Mental Wellness Awareness Association. We work to unite individuals and organizations all across America to stand together for prevention, early intervention, scientific research, and cures of mental health problems.
Representatives of the AMWA are volunteers and are responsible for "virtually" connecting the AMWA to people and companies in their state of residence. Representatives would also be responsible for attending health fairs and other public events to market our cause, and the AMWA will provide all materials necessary for this, including personalized AMWA business cards. Representatives may also become wellness speakers on behalf of the AMWA once authorized in writing by the Executive Director.
- Connect with local and community organizations
- Attend health fairs and wellness events to represent the AMWA
- Encourage others to join the AMWA as a Champion for Mental Wellness
- Present wellness presentations if authorized by the executive director
- Experience working for a health, human service, or nonprofit organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Email, MS word, Adobe Reader
- Specified training in health-related topics, such as Mental Health First Aid, QPR, ASIST, Nurse, Social Worker, MH Policy, etc.
To apply for this volunteer opportunity, please send us a copy of your resume as well as a few sentences as to why you feel qualified for this position.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18