Mental Health First Aid Instructors (Youth, Adult, Etc.)
1 person is interested
The Mental Wellness Awareness Association (MWAA) is a PA state-wide mental wellness education nonprofit. Our primary program we offer is Mental Health First Aid Trainings. We work by connecting with MHFA instructors all over Pennsylvania to assist in planning, implementation, and follow up of courses, so instructors only have to worry about instructing.
Interested instructors will sign a letter of agreement to partner with the MWAA. This letter of agreement outlines a mutually beneficial relationship:
The MWAA will:
- Take credit for scheduling the course and receive payment from venue
- Provide all items, exercises, projector, powerpoints, books, and resources required for the class
- Arrive on-site to training to get everything set up for the class
- Work directly with venue to coordinate date, time, location, payment, food, and other "backend" aspects of the training
- Assist in finding a second instructor for the class
- Pay both instructors a stipend of $100.00 per class
- Assist in keeping instructor credentials up to date
- Report trainings to The National Council
- Send all follow up surveys/tests to The National Council
The Instructor Will:
- Assist in finding potential training opportunities
- Accept training opportunities as fits within their schedule
- Keep communication lines open with the MWAA
- Keep certification valid, with assistance of the MWAA
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Must be at least 18