DeafTechEd seeks an energetic and experienced Special Events Planner to contribute to the planning and execution of fundraising events.
The successful candidate will have the satisfaction of contributing to important fundraising efforts related to advancing the mission of our non-profit DeafTechEd that is creating a new online ways using technology to teach students through online education using American Sign Language (ASL).
- Events - Contribute to our fundraising brainstorming ideas for new events.
- Collaborate with the board of directors in organizing fundraising events so that DeafTechEd can reach more deaf people who need technical skills training to secure good jobs.
- Deaf Tradeshow Events- Support all aspect of the tradeshow including logistics, banners, staffing/volunteer coordination, and post-show support.
- Organizes and supports our DeafTechEd fundraising initiatives
- Provides supportive assistance to outside non-profits and their events, not only to serve as a learning tool but also to establish connections and partnerships
- Engages volunteers, executive leadership, program and committee representatives in special event activities, strategically using partners in cultivation and solicitation of special event gifts.
- Maintains a positive presence and representation of DeafTechEd
- Computer Skills: to communicate, plan, budget and organize their events.
- Negotiation Skills:Special Events Planner will use their negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Organization Skils: Many things happen all at once at meetings. Special Events Planner need to stay focused and organized while juggling the many facets of event planning.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Being able to quickly solve issues and using resourceful skills.
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- The time commitment will vary depending events