Fundraising for a non-profit
Blossom Project is looking for a Fundraiser to help realize our plans to create locker rooms for homeless women in San Francisco. Our organization recently won the prestigious wework Creator’s Awards, incl. $18.000 to establish locker room facilities in San Francisco, and we need to raise additional funds.The "day-to-day"
As a fundraiser you will:
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts and statutory bodies
- Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Manage your own budget and ensure that targets are met
- Account handling: ensuring major donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme and are kept informed of progress and milestones
- Devise and organise fundraising campaigns and events
- Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of Blossom’s work
- Work closely with the founder and the executive director to develop new fundraising programs
You need excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You need to be good at researching and devising strategies and opportunistically taking advantage of donation possibilities. You must be good at building long-term relationships with potential donors and volunteers, and be persuasively good at explaining Blossom’s mission and projects. Your ability to manage budgets and hit fundraising targets are important, as are organisational and IT skills. An interest in, and commitment to, the cause you are raising money for is essential.Experience and qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in fundraising
- Experience with charitable work and non-profit organizations
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, computer, and research skills
- Ability to write accurate, compelling narrative that uses grammar and spelling correctly
- Ability to multitask and perform under deadlines and changing schedules
- Ability to organize and balance project budgets
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Part-time role 10 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend working is expected. Working from home or from our wework office in San Francisco.About Blossom
Blossom believes in preserving the dignity of homeless women, to see homeless women not as a pathology or social condition, but as human beings whose lives are valued as equal to our own. Blossom-Project supports homeless women and those victims of sex trafficking with much needed feminine sanitary products not usually provided by shelters.
The San Francisco based locker room project is inspired by a project in Copenhagen, Denmark, where a locker room provides a secure place for homeless women to store their personal belongings. It also provides an opportunity for social workers or psychologists to interact and connect with the homeless women.
If interested, please send a short motivation letter to email@example.com
Marked Fundraiser in the subject field.
You can read more about Blossom here www.blossom-project.org
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 10 hours a week