If you're pre-approved with WHOmentors.com, Inc. as a volunteer and you're selected by an airline to be seated in an emergency exit row, you can qualify your air travel as an unreimbursed expense:
Emergency Exit Row Volunteers perform the following functions:
- Locate the emergency exit
- Recognize the emergency exit opening mechanism
- Comprehend the instructions for operating the emergency exit
- Operate the emergency exit
- Assess whether opening the emergency exit will increase the hazards to which passengers may be exposed
- Follow oral directions and hand signals given by a crewmember
- Stow and secure the emergency exit window so that it will not impede use of the exit
- Pass expeditiously through the emergency exit
- Assess, select, and follow a safe path away from the emergency exit
- Reach upward, sideways, and downward to the location of the emergency exit
- Grasp and push, pull, turn, or otherwise manipulate mechanisms
- Push, shove, pull, or otherwise open the emergency exit
- Lift out, hold, deposit on nearby seats, or maneuver over the seatbacks to the next row or out the opening objects the size and weight of over-wing window exit doors
- Remove obstructions similar in size and weight to overwing exit windows
- Reach the emergency exit expeditiously
- Maintain balance while removing obstructions
- Exit expeditiously
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have the capacity to perform the applicable functions without the assistance of an adult companion, parent, or other relative
- Have the ability to read and understand instructions related to emergency evacuation provided by Southwest in printed or graphic form
- Have the ability to understand oral crew commands
- Have sufficient visual capacity to perform applicable functions without the assistance of visual aids beyond contact lenses or eyeglasses
- Have sufficient aural capacity to hear and understand instructions shouted by Flight Attendants without assistance beyond a hearing aid
- Have the ability to adequately impart information orally in English to other passengers
A Volunteer seated in an exit seat must not:
- Have preboarded
- Use a portable oxygen concentrator
- Require a seat belt extension to fasten his or her seat belt
- Have a condition or responsibilities, such as caring for small children or pets, that might prevent them from performing the applicable functions
- Have a condition that might cause the person harm if he or she performs one or more of the applicable functions
- Disaster Response
- Safety & Disaster Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- varies based on flight duration
- must be pre-approved as a volunteer with WHOmentors.com, Inc.
- bi-lingual product line manager:...
- Female Brand Ambassador/Activity...
- CarpoOlympics™ --...
- Korean native speaker/language...
- Produce charityfashionshow.org...
- Airplane Emergency Exit Row...
- Native Korean Speaker(s),...
- In-person telephone assistance:...
- Create Automated Revenue...
- MatchLingo: Korean Native...
- skihlz brand ambassador (female)...