Environment & Behavioral Economics Communications Assistant
7 people are interested
Human behavior is at the root of both environmental problems and their solutions.
We seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. As our Communications Assistant you will have ownership over important initiatives that will help us grow. The Communications Assistant is responsible for supporting social media efforts, including developing content for Facebook, Twitter and blogs. This will require research into the growing application of behavioral science to the environment. Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and walks out with new friends! Someone who is thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. Interested applicants should have communications, research and writing skills. A basic knowledge of environmental issues is needed. Interest and experience in environmental psychology or behavioral economics is preferred.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring traditional and non-traditional media outlets for coverage and opportunities
- Writing content for social media (blogs, tweets, Facebook posts, newsletters) and other communication as needed
- Researching behavioral insights
- Creating visual-based content for social media
What you will learn:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar
- How to schedule social media and track social media analytics and report results and new ideas to our marketing team
- How to create compelling content
- Techniques to create viral loops between our Facebook, twitter, and blog accounts
Qualifications/skills and knowledge requirements
- Background in marketing, communication, or other related discipline
- Strong writing skills
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Knowledge of media including Twitter, Facebook and blogging
- Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate initiative
- Fearless - not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker
- Love for using social networking sites, and excitement to learn new skills
- We work hard to pair our volunteers with projects that are interesting to them or important for their career growth.
Root Solutions works to provide conservationists and policy makers with tools and resources informed by the proven methods of behavioral economics and behavior design, allowing them to create more effective campaigns, policies, and strategies that reflect how people are actually motivated and make decisions. By understanding human behavior, and the factors which influence the choices people make, conservationists will be able to "nudge" people toward decisions and behavior that are good for them and good for the planet.
As a young non-profit with ambitious goals (including expanding our work to all cause movements), our existing funding is restricted to program activities. Root Solutions is primarily volunteer run.
Location & Logistics
This position includes a mix of working in-person work at our San Francisco office and remote work. This position is part time. We generally ask for a commitment of at least 14 hours per week over a 10-week period. We are happy to offer flexibility with your schedule, and are open to any variants of days that work best for you.
This is a volunteer position.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and resume to:
Subject Heading: Communications Assistant
Indicate whether you are able to work for class credit or note whether you will receive any work-study or grant money for this position. Also indicate the number of hours you will be able to commit per week and whether you will be available during normal working hours.
We'll work with your schedule.
TBDSan Francisco, CA 94114
- Technical Writing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- 14 hours a week, 10 week commitment
- See desciption