Darshan2Divinity (D2D) is a California non-profit religious corporation with 501 (c)(3) tax exempt status. D2D is a spiritual organization which provides individuals the spiritual knowledge and practical experience to promote simple living, bring communal harmony and encourage social responsibility. The organization uses the teachings of Bhagavad Gita, Thirukural and other great spiritual knowledge from throughout the world to uplift oneself as well as the society. The organization teaches the way of simple living through various activities like singing/bhajans, volunteering/services to the society, nature/animal protection, alms giving, potluck etc. Through meditation, breathing, grounding, healing and yoga practices, the organization helps the individual to identify their purpose of life.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
If you are a person who would like to meditate, looking to meet fellow meditators, like being a part of community, like to teach the art of meditation to others then the following opportunities are prefect for you.
Darshan2Divinity(D2D) is looking for a Meditation Volunteer. Following are the opportunities:
- Run the monthly D2D meditations from Meditation instructor’s house. After gaining some experience volunteer should be comfortable leading the meditation either from their own house or from Meditation instructor’s house. Should be flexible with the location to conduct the meditations.
To become a D2D Meditation teacher following are the requirements:
- Volunteer should be willing to learn D2D’s meditations.
- Volunteer should be willing to teach D2D Meditation Classes after going through the above process.
- Competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training