Darshan2Divinity (D2D) is a California non-profit religious corporation with 501 (c)(3) tax exempt status. D2D is a spiritual organization which provides individuals the spiritual knowledge and practical experience to promote simple living, bring communal harmony and encourage social responsibility. The organization uses the teachings of Bhagavad Gita, Thirukural and other great spiritual knowledge from throughout the world to uplift oneself as well as the society. The organization teaches the way of simple living through various activities like singing/bhajans, volunteering/services to the society, nature/animal protection, alms giving, potluck etc. Through meditation, breathing, grounding, healing and yoga practices, the organization helps the individual to identify their purpose of life.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Darshan2Divinity’s volunteering group meets monthly once to volunteer in various organizations. If you had a passion to serve the community, but never had the drive to do it by yourself then this volunteer opportunity is perfect for you. This role is filled with opportunities and the platform is all set for volunteering. You get to volunteer in different organizations and meet new people. If you are seeking a job, you can show potential employers that you're contributing to your community. Serving others and bringing everyone together to serve others is an amazing experience. Checkout our volunteer work page https://darshan2divinity.com/simple-living/service/volunteer-work/
Volunteer Lead’s role:
- Contact volunteer organizations to schedule the volunteer event ahead of time.
- Send email to Volunteer organization to re-confirm the volunteer event.
- Co-ordinate the volunteer event. Tasks involved for co-ordination are:
- Send event sign-up email to all volunteers a week ahead of the volunteer event.
- Send event reminder email to all volunteers a day before the event.
- Co-ordinate with all volunteers to meet up at assigned location, go through the volunteer event check list, co-ordinate with volunteers for carpooling to the volunteer event, take printouts of directions to the volunteer event.
- Take photos during the volunteer event to be posted in the website.
- Bring back the volunteers to the meeting place.
- Collect feedback from the volunteers.
- Send Thank you email to all volunteers after the event.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21