Serving and companioning others during end of life is a profoundly rewarding experience. At Encompass Hospice, we have a team of dedicated professionals and volunteers who know this to be true and can witness to the inspiring presence that is felt when we walk with families and patients during this journey in life.
We are always seeking volunteers who seek to be a vital part of the lives of those we serve at the end of life and to be enriched in their own lives in doing so. Our volunteer opportunities can include everything from companionship and conversation (including facilitating life review with patients), small chores, music therapy, dog therapy, scrapbooking with patients and also administrative assistance to our office staff (writing condolence cards, customer service etc.) Patients may be in private homes, assisted living communities, memory care, or independent living.
Our volunteers are an integral part of each patient's care team, including a doctor, nurse, social worker, certified nursing assistant and hospice chaplain. Your input and contribution to the patient's care is invaluable to our team as we assist patients, and family, during their end of life journey.
Training is provided and each volunteer is asked to visit at least one to two patients and to visit each at least 2 times per month.
Other requirements include:
- TB (Tuberculosis) Test
- Ability to pass a drug screening, including marijuana
- Background Check
- Valid drivers license and auto insurance
- Yearly continuing education provided by Encompass Hospice
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Spiritual Healing
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hrs/week
- Hospice Volunteer Needed-...
- Hospice Volunteer for...
- Hospice Volunteer - Fieldwork
- Hospice Volunteer needed-...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed-...
- Hospice Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Hospice Volunteers needed in...
- Music/Singing Hospice Volunteer...
- Hospice End Of Life Care...
- Hospice Volunteer to Assist in...