Visit www.kdl.volunteerhub.com to see full list of opportunities.
Use your knowledge of computer basics to help library patrons who need a little tech help in the Branches.
*Orientation/training prerequisite. Email email@example.com to schedule.
You are someone who:
- Enjoys working people with various levels of technological experience.
- Is comfortable using Microsoft Office products, social media, email, and the Internet.
- Knows about or is willing to learn more about KDL printing and scanning services.
What you might do:
Assist library patrons with navigating technology in the branch, including but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Using public computers (logging in, navigating, logging out)
- Using printer/copier/scanner (logging in, payment, customization of prints)
- Assisting library patrons in establishing an email account
- Assist library patrons in navigating the Internet
Dress code is casual (no holey jeans, or short-shorts/short-skirts please). We have KDL volunteer t-shirts available for volunteers to wear during shifts. If you sign up for this opportunity, please respond to the confirmation email with your size. You will have a name tag that officially identifies you as a tech helper.
A one-hour training at the branch is required before the volunteer's shift. These will be scheduled according to your availability prior to your shift.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Library Sciences
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours shifts
- Must be people and service oriented and exhibit patience in helping patrons learn basic tech skills