Introduction on Brookline Chinese school
The Brookline Chinese School (BCS) is a volunteer-initiated, non-profit organization committed towards promoting communication between Chinese and Western communities. By sharing Chinese language and culture, we hope to bring about the advancement of cultural diversity in the Brookline and Boston areas. Through our efforts, we hope to see Chinese culture thrive and flourish.With the substantial growth of our school in the last year, we are recruiting additional volunteers to join our school administration team. We are also in need of more experienced teachers for Chinese language classes and extracurricular classes, including but not limited to STEM, math, English writing, art, etc. If you are interested in joining our organization please email us at email@example.com with your resume and "Job Application" in the subject line.
- Organize the annual class schedule at the beginning of each academic year, including Chinese language courses and extracurricular classes; Release class schedule on the school website and notify all teachers;
- Coordinate substitute teachers for classes in a timely manner when teachers take leave, including Chinese teacher assistants and extracurricular teachers;
- Regularly organize internal training for Chinese teachers and teaching assistants;
- Assist Teaching Department Director with teacher evaluations every five months;
- Regularly seek novel ways to improve the teaching methods and quality, propose reasonable suggestions to engage students learning Chinese as a fun and interactive experience.
- Assist in onboarding new students, including evaluation/class placement, and class cancellation/refund process.
- Assist teachers in communicating with parents, respond to parents’ questions, and provide feedback to teaching staff in a timely manner.
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment