We are seeking a volunteer videographer/editor in the New York City area with some experience to produce a short video or possibly a series of short videos. We are looking for someone ambitious, creative, quick and professional. The primary responsibility of the role is to film interviews with individuals experiencing homelessness or who have lived through homelessness and are now housed, and editing them into short videos that drive high levels of social media engagement. The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of video storytelling.
Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of cameras, lenses and sound equipment
- Must have own camera and lighting equipment
- Proven ability to create shareable digital video (shooting, editing, lighting, audio recording etc.)
- Proven experience with video editing (Premiere Pro, Final Cut, and similar programs)
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that generates engagement on social media platforms.
- Ability to create content quickly, experiment with lots of different formats, and analyze the results of your work.
- Highly communicative
- Ability to provide a quick turn-around on work
- Passion for storytelling and new media
- Ideal candidate has strong knowledge of video storytelling
- Interviewing skills, a plus
- Graphic design skills, a plus
Interested candidates should email their portfolio to Arthena Sherwood at Asherwood@cfhnyc.org.
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment