Red Coat Ambassador Volunteer for Veterans at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
9 people are interested
Red Coat Ambassador, Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
Downtown Division located at 950 15th Street Augusta, Georgia 30901
Uptown Division 1 Freedom Way Augusta, GA 30904
(If you are interested in this position please send an email to: VhaAugVoluntaryService@va.gov)
Purpose of Assignment
The Ambassador is responsible for directing and/or escorting Veterans and visitors to their appointments. Ambassadors must exhibit excellent customer service skills with each encounter. In this visible role, it is important that Ambassadors maintain a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
· Greet each person with a smile.
· Assist Veterans and family members by providing directions to their appointments.
· Escort patients and family members to appointments.
· Treat all Veterans, visitors and staff in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
· Assist with providing Veteran/visitor safety.
· Report accidents and safety situations/concerns to supervisor
· Assist Veterans using Kiosks
· Provide assistance with patrons’ special needs, such as obtaining wheelchairs
· Gather wheelchairs at the end of the day and store in designated areas
· Refer unresolved customer concerns to the patient advocate.
· In case of an emergency, follow protocol in regards to codes, rapid responses, and fire drills/alarms
Shifts include: 8am - 12:00pm or 12:00pm - 4 pm. Volunteers can work 1 or more shifts per week as agreed upon with Voluntary Service.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
· Pass a background check
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner.
· Demonstrate problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
· Requires periods of sitting, standing, walking and pushing Veterans in wheelchairs.
Training and Skill Development
· Initial and annual volunteer training.
Volunteer reports to: Voluntary Service
Ambassadors will be placed throughout both divisions in high traffic areas. Each Ambassador will work at a station and will be provided with a desk, chair, and appropriate supplies to complete their assignments. VA Ambassadors interface with VA staff and other volunteers in a combined effort to provide quality service for Veterans. This is accomplished by directing, escorting, assisting with check-in, providing accurate information and recording complaints. Ambassadors contribute to a seamless operation in a cooperative environment.
This position is ideal for those who have an interest in working directly with the public. Good interpersonal skills are prerequisite as this position involves constant contact with Veterans, family members, visitors, other volunteers and Medical Center staff. Ambassadors must have the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, be able to push wheelchairs, have extensive knowledge of hospital layout and services for information and escort purposes, and be able to work with minimal supervision
· Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
· Structured recognition/awards program
· Annual Flu Shot at no cost
· Eligible to join credit union
· Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
· This position offers direct contact with the public in a relaxed, friendly environment and provides an opportunity for Ambassadors to cultivate their communication and interpersonal skills.
Need 20 Plus Redcoat Ambassadors for both Uptown and Downtown Divisions.
We'll work with your schedule.
950 15th StAugusta, GA 30901
- Veteran Care