Help Lead Pub Crawl for Travelers at HI Houston
10 people are interested
HI Houston is looking for a couple of volunteers to help lead hostel guests on a pub crawl within walking distance of the hostel. Volunteers will start by meeting up with guests at hostel, doing an icebreaker so guests can get to know one another. Following the meetup, volunteers will lead the group on a walking tour, from pub to pub, in the our local area. We encourage you to make it personal, too! Take our guests to your favorite local spots in Montrose!
Pub crawls are held on either Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. We can work with your schedule on what works best for you.
If you love to meet new people from around the world, this opportunity is for you! This is also a great way for our guests to get to know local Houston and spend time getting to know fellow travelers.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
501 Lovett Blvd.Houston, TX 77006
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training