Help Lead Pub Crawl for Travelers at HI Houston
18 people are interested
HI Houston is looking for a couple of volunteers to help lead hostel guests on a pub crawl within walking distance of the hostel. Volunteers will start by meeting up with guests at hostel, doing an icebreaker so guests can get to know one another. Following the meetup, volunteers will lead the group on a walking tour, from pub to pub, in the our local area. We encourage you to make it personal, too! Take our guests to your favorite local spots in Montrose!
Pub crawls are held on either Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. We can work with your schedule on what works best for you.
If you love to meet new people from around the world, this opportunity is for you! This is also a great way for our guests to get to know local Houston and spend time getting to know fellow travelers.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
About Hostelling International Houston
501 Lovett Blvd, Houston, TX 77006, US
To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.
Hostelling International Houston is a non-profit hostel located in Montrose. We host people from all countries and walks of life as they visit our beautiful city. Through community dinners, tours of the city, and other events we strive to ensure our guests enjoy their trip, learn from one another, and leave with a positive impression of Houston.
In addition, to help further our mission we offer a variety of programs including free travel classes that include: World Travel 101, Women Traveling Solo, Europe on a Budget, Gay Travel, Family Budget Travel, and more!
For more information please visit www.hiusa.org/houston
We'll work with your schedule.
501 Lovett Blvd.Houston, TX 77006
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training