People of Progress - Resource Center/Food Pantry
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
1242 Center StreetRedding, CA 96001
Volunteer Duties may consist of:
- Fill food pantry requests, create food/meal packages
- Food quality check, verify expiration dates on incoming food donations
- Packaging dog/cat food
- Packaging personal hygiene
- Stock food pantry shelves
- Carry out food packages for clients
- Folding blankets, clothing, etc.
- Assist with unloading food trucks
- Breakdown empty food boxes
- Janitorial/Cleaning - restrooms, sweep/mop, dust, clean walk-in refrigeration, take out trash, etc.
- Possible office assistance - filing, data entry/record keeping, answer phones, etc.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month - 2hr min.
- Lift 50lbs., use of step stool, bend/stoop/lift continuously
Report this opportunity