Tutor and Mentor Youth in Auburn
14 people are interested
In addition to homework assistance, volunteers with the Neighborhood House Youth Tutoring program will support staff in delivering a variety of academic skills building activities. By hanging out with, and building relationships with the students, volunteers will also have an opportunity to provide mentorship to students aged K-12th grade.
This position is available at two locations in Auburn:
1. Firwood Circle: 313 37th St SE -- Available volunteer shifts: Monday- Thursday, 5:00-7:00 PM.
2. Burndale: 1044 18th St NE-- Available volunteer shifts: Monday- Thursday, 3:00-7:00 PM.
- Ability to interact with youth in a patient and respectful manner
- A desire to build relationships with youth
- An interest in education is a plus
- Energetic and flexible
- Ability to make a reliable weekly commitment
- Knowledge in school subjects like reading, writing and math is preferred. We are especially in need of volunteers who are comfortable tutoring in math.
We'll work with your schedule.
Firwood Circle Tutoring Center313 37th St SEAuburn, WA 98002
- Relationship Building
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of one hour per week