How does a volunteer support hospice?
- Providing respite to family
- Socialization: reading, playing cards, sewing, simply being a friendly visitor to a patient
- Office and administrative support
- Offering their unique talents in any way toward supporting patients, families, and the community at-large
Compassionate Care Hospice’s volunteer programs are supervised by a dedicated Volunteer Coordinator, who will provide orientation to hospice, Compassionate Care and some of the healthcare regulations that are important to be aware of.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 9 hours/month, minimum 6 month committment
- Mandatory background check, medical clearance, TB test, proof of citizenship, residency, etc.