22 people are interested
Disaster Action Team- Oahu: Health Services Member
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
22 people are interested
The purpose of this position is to be on-call to provide Disaster Health Services to clients and community in support of a Disaster Action Team (DAT) event such as a house fire in case of injuries or fatalities.
The Disaster Health Services Responder for Oahu will work under current COVID-19 guidelines to ensure:
- Disaster Health Services are provided to clients, Red Cross responders and the community throughout Oahu effected by a DAT event.
- Support and collaborate with other disaster functions before, during and after a disaster by acting as a subject matter expert.
- Help clients replace medication, eye glasses, etc. lost because of the event and find resources to meet future health need.
- Perform client casework, as needed
Alpha, Charlie and Delta teams rotate being on-call. Teams are on-call for one week out of every three. During its on-call week, the team is on-duty to respond to disasters that occur 5pm to 5am Monday through Friday nights, and anytime during the weekend. During the team's on-call week, members must sign up for a minimum of two on-call shifts.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
4155 Diamond Head RoadHonolulu, HI 96816
August 8, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- First Aid / CPR
- Crisis Counseling
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Teams are on-call for one week out of every three. During its on-call week, the team is on-duty to respond to disasters that occur 5pm to 5am Monday through Friday nights, and anytime during the weekend.
- Willing to complete training, and to use personal phone to make calls as needed.