At Temple Community Clinic, the second year Communications Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA will be facilitating and sustaining the community outreach plan designed by the Year One VISTA by building upon social media plans, participating in public relations events, and continuing to recognize the clinic’s network of donors and volunteers.
The AmeriCorps VISTA Program is designed to function as a stateside Peace Corps, which places high quality, dedicated individuals in poverty facing non-profit organizations throughout the country. AmeriCorps VISTA is one of many programs through the Corporation for National and Community Service. Over the course of the year, VISTA Members receive a bi-weekly living allowance of $486. VISTA Members serve on a full-time basis for one full calendar year. Upon completion of Service, VISTA Members are eligible to receive $5,920 Education Award or $1,800 cash stipend. The education award may be used to repay qualified student loans, or can be used to pay for tuition or other educational expenses at eligible universities (including graduate programs) and vocational schools. Today, over 7,000 VISTA Members serve to alleviate the burden of poverty felt by over 46 Million Americans. To learn more about VISTA, click here: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
· Monthly living allowance of $900
· Relocation Allowance
· Child Care Assistance
· End of Service Award of either $5,920 Education Award or $1,800 Cash Stipend
· On-Going Training and Professional Development
· Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment
· College Graduate
· At Least 18 Years Old
· Commitment to National Service and solutions to poverty
· Interest in learning about the workings of free and reduced healthcare systems.
· Responsible for finding own housing.
· Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours/ week