The up-and-coming, nonprofit news organization WhoWhatWhy is looking for a volunteer with PR experience to build our brand to book speakers. Help us get our editor-in-chief and other team members out and about for public appearances in both electronic media and live events.
This position is part-time and an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but down the road, as we grow, we can offer possibilities of compensation.
Who We Are
WhoWhatWhy is changing how the public gets informed. We are a true antidote to "fake news," with agenda-free research and bracingly thoughtful analysis. Non-corporate and non-partisan and commercial-free, we are powered entirely by public support and the passionate involvement of people who believe in our mission.
Send us your resume and a detailed and personalized cover letter that shows you have studied our brand and explains why you are qualified for this position. Make clear you understand that this is an unpaid position.
- Proven experience in brand promotion and event planning
- Familiarity with big names in journalism
- A penchant for hard work and resourcefulness
- An outgoing personality
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Find and book publicity events for our editors and reporters
- Promote the WhoWhatWhy brand to a wider audience
- Work closely with the marketing department to craft compelling messages
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Recruiter for Young Activists...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- PUBLIC SPEAKING BOOKER