Metro North ABE is looking for volunteers to tutor Level 6 adult learners. Many of our students are English Language Learners and/or working toward their GED or Diploma.
Volunteers will work with a certified teacher and use established materials to assist students in reading and writing in preparation for the GED, along with answering student questions. Tutoring may occur in the classroom setting, in small groups or one on one with a student.
We have an opening on Thursdays from 11:20 am to 1:00 pm. Contact us today to find out how you can get started.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly for at least 6 months.
- Classroom Assistant for...
- Help adult learners practice...
- Friday Morning Classroom...
- Tutor small groups of ESL students
- Data Assistant
- English as a Second Language...
- Volunteer with ESL or ABE Classes
- Reading and Writing Tutor
- Work With Beginning Computer Users
- Tutor adult learners during...
- One to One ESL Tutor
- Daytime ESL Classroom Tutor
- Morning ESL Classroom Tutor in...