Since opening our self-guided interpretation of the Alexander Majors House, we have seen significant increases in attendance! We need to expand our docent program at this site correspondingly.
The Museum is open for self-guided tours Thursday through Saturday. As a docent for self-guided tours, your duties would include:
- opening up and turning on lights inside the house
- greeting and explaining Museum rules to visitors
- monitoring visitors while they are inside the Museum
- being available to answer visitors' questions
- taking payments
This is a great way to get involved at the Museum without the pressure of memorizing a full tour! You will be provided with a "script" of facts and background information to help you answer questions.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone interested in a longer-term, regular volunteer opportunity. Join our community of volunteers and learn more about the importance of local history to our city and region!
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6+ hours/month (2 "shifts"/month)