63 people are interested
Did you know just an Hour of you time can change a Life!
ORGANIZATION: Agency on Aging of South Central CT's RSVP Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
63 people are interested
Ever wonder how you can help? Ever feel alone yourself? consider that there are folks out there that would LOVE to have chat with you, go with you to the grocery store or just sit together and talk about the Good Old Days...If all of us gave one hour of your time to another We could eliminate so much loneliness, isolation and food insecurities. Consider volunteering in a program today.
- Our Friendly Visitor Program offers an opportunity to visit someone in their home.
- folks are looking for a connection with someone willing to sit with them and have a conversation and fill the void of a limited social network.
- some individuals would love to go to the grocery store and pick out their own food instead of having it delivered or pay someone to pick it up.
- and how about going for a walk, the senior center and/or the gym!
- Our Non-Emergency Medical Chaperone Program offers companionship to individuals while traveling to and from their doctor appointments.
- some folks need a little encouragement and support in getting to and from their appointments as transportation services are curb to curb and they may need help getting to that curb.
Volunteers need to be over the age of 21, complete and application, pass a background check, which requires a government issued ID, and Social Security, and we request proof of Covid vaccination. Training is provided by the Agency on Aging of South Central CT’s Volunteer program.
Give us a call and see who's looking for support in your area.
About Agency on Aging of South Central CT's RSVP Program
117 Washington Ave, Suite 17, North Haven, CT 06573, US
The Agency on Aging of South Central CT’s mission is to "Empower Adults to remain as independent and engaged as possible within their communities through advocacy, information, and services." The Agency’s Volunteer Program offers individuals service activity opportunities throughout the Greater New Haven area and its mission is to "Recruit Volunteers who are interested in applying their skills, offering socialization, assisting with fraud protection and/or accompanying individuals to non-emergency doctor appointments." If you are looking for a way to make a difference in the life of another or your community, consider reaching out to the AOASCC volunteer program.
The Agency on Aging’s Volunteer program places volunteers in a variety of different service activity situations. Some focus on providing individualized support to seniors, individuals with disabilities, family caregivers and Veterans within the community referred to the organization for assistance in maintaining their independence. Other opportunities are available to offer support to local non-profit organizations, schools and municipalities in the greater New Haven area.
Founded in 1971, AOASCC's AmeriCorps Volunteer program is one of the largest and oldest volunteering efforts in the nation. One of twelve programs in CT, the program provides support services to a 14-town region, but our volunteers can come from anywhere.
If you want to use your talents, life experiences and skills to help others, the Agency on Aging’s Volunteer program is for you!
This volunteer program supports 14 townsthroughout theGreater New Haven Area.New Haven, CT 06511
October 9, 2023
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 4 to 6 hours a month.
- Willing to meet seniors/veterans in their home for weekly interaction.