PURPOSE OF JOB: Serve as a friendly ambassador of Hudson Gardens by greeting visitors as they enter the Welcome Center and providing general Gardens information and directions to visitors.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Greet and interact with visitors to Hudson Gardens in a welcoming, friendly, inviting and professional manner.
- Convey general visitor information, including information about Garden features, educational programs, membership opportunities, and upcoming events.
- Orient visitors to the Gardens by providing directions and information about program locations, restrooms, lunch facilities, etc.
- Assist with light office work.
- Weekly shifts are available 7 days a week, April through November.
- A commitment for one, 3-4 hour shift per week preferred.
- Shift days and times are adaptable to the volunteer’s schedule.
- Indoors within the Welcome Center.
- Closed-toe shoes.
- A name badge (provided).
- Must be aged 18 or older.
- Prospective applicants will be interviewed.
- Submit to and pass a criminal record and National Sex Offender check prior to acceptance into this position.
- Demonstrate comfort and ability with high energy situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly with diverse groups of people.
- Previous customer service experience is preferred.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; walk; and sit.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Talk or hear.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts available 7 days a week, April - November.
- QUESTIONS: Community Programs & Outreach, 303-797-8565 ext. 306 or firstname.lastname@example.org