PURPOSE OF JOB: Enthusiastically promote Hudson Gardens and its programs to the community at information booths and displays at public outreach events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Educate the public about Hudson Gardens’ programs (e.g. education programs, membership opportunities, special events, summer concert series) by distributing collateral, answering questions, and engaging the public via interactive demonstrations.
- Set up and tear down outreach booth materials.
- Up to four hours per shift.
- Year-round position as needed.
- Varied schedule as needed.
- Both Indoors and outdoors, onsite at Hudson Gardens and offsite at locations throughout the Denver Metropolitan Area.
- Hudson Gardens volunteer shirt (provided).
- Name tag (provided).
- Closed-toe shoes.
- Must be aged 18 or older.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for promoting Hudson Gardens.
- Familiarity with Hudson Gardens and its programs (or, willingness to learn).
- Comfort and ability to speak in front of large and diverse groups of people.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for up to four hours throughout the volunteer shift
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts available during outreach events as needed.
- QUESTIONS: Community Programs & Outreach, 303-797-8565 ext. 306 or firstname.lastname@example.org