Job Summary: The Graphic Design volunteer will assist the Graphic Designer and Digital Media Archivist in designing small projects throughout the year. In-office is preferred, though there is some flexibility to work on projects remotely.
Job Description Detail:
Possible Projects/Responsibilities (depending on start date):
- Assist on Summer Newsletter - A quarterly publication that goes out to our donors.
- Q2 Founders’ Report - A smaller, card-like report that includes updates from COTN Founders and our countries.
- COTN Generic Christmas Card - This Christmas card usually features a photo of our children on the cover and is used by staff to send to partners.
- Country Director Christmas Cards for Sponsorship - There are six versions of this card - one for each country and one for our University/Vocational Program. Each one features a photo of a group of kids from that country or program, along with some sort of Christmas embellishments. The inside features a letter from the country/program director.
- Christmas Card Appeal - This card is usually an illustrated piece featuring some aspect of the Christmas story (not usually a photo). The cards must be suitable for both our younger kids and our older students.
- Graphics for social media
- Thanksgiving card - This is an annual card that we send out to our donors to thank them for being part of the COTN family. It usually features at least one image of our kids.
- Annual Auction Materials - including the program, table numbers, entr?e cards, and more.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of and effective use of design principles; layout, color, placement, scale, and typography
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Ability to follow brand and stylistic guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible; willingness to learn and try new things
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Attention to detail
- Strong faith and dependence on Jesus Christ?
- Strong commitment to uphold and support COTN’s Mission and Vision statements as well as codes of conduct.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible: in-office preferred, Mon-Fri between 9-5